MSI GTX 560 Ti 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the twin frozr2 version of the 6870 and it's really good. I'm seeing idle temps around 45C with ambient temps around 65F. I never see any issues in game with stuff maxed out and the card really under load, so +1 for the frozr 2. As was the case a while back the 2gb really kicks in on high resolution, but I know you like to really push the quality settings on your games, so the 2gb can't hurt ;)

also it's only $40 more (including MIR's which are a PITA) than a 1gb with stock cooling, so I say jump on it.

Wow, those temps you have are fantastic.

Yeah, I like to use high rez texture mods and the like.

I just was not sure that the card would have enough power to keep up good frames at 1920x1080 plus adding high rez textures.

If it can...then I like this card.

If not...then I will go GTX 570.....I just gotta have that cooling solution :p

The most help that vram gives , is being able to play at higher resolutions with higher textures.

There are some mods out now that will run you out of vram.

I love my mods, so extra vram is nice.

It is something that most peiople would not need...I dont have the game yet, but have heard that BF3 can use over 1 GB of vram at 1920x1080

1920 X 1080 is not really a high res setup. I'm running 3840 X 1024 with 2 X 285's 1GB cards. I do use up all of my ram and could use more but for you i really don't think it will help.

Like kpat said, for 1920x1080 or lower 1.5GB vram is plenty for today's games. For tomorrow's games I can't say. Also two cards do not add vram together. Two GTX 580 1.5gb does not mean you will have 3gb vram. It means you have two using 1.5gb.

The twin frozr is simply the best air cooling solution available on a card. Just make sure your case has good airflow since it exhausts most of its heat into the case itself and not out a back vent.

You can run out of 1GB vram at 1920x1080....it is happening in BF 3

It will also happen with a modded Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom