Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3PH3RIDUS

Banned
When i am playing World of Warcraft my comp shuts down into black screen
i had this problem awhile back and i changed my operating systems to windows 7 64 bit
and so far i had not had any problems until today

i would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions

ok now i got the below when i logged back on:

roblem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800CAB44E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800FAD7F10
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004

Also, i have been checking for Mini dump files but i am currently not finding any
unless i might be over looking them.

if anyone has a suggestion as to where i can find those files it would be greatly appreciated.

Windows left me message in the bottom right hand
and said to address problem with Nvidia drivers.

The first time this happened i updated the drivers as there was a update and didnt have a problem all day
until a few moments ago.

It sounds to be a driver issue, a lot of times Nvidia drivers and ATI/AMD drivers for a GPU WILL crash, and recover, if it can't recover then you will usually get a BSOD as the system can no longer function with out the driver.

Make sure you fully remove your drivers using something like ccleaner, and re-install them, if possible, remove them under safemode and install new drivers after a restart using full administrative rights.

Also, run memtest86+ on your computer overnight, just to rule out faulty RAM.

Ok, i have tried everything as explained above and still no results.

I appreciate the help and suggestions i did a restore point and i am still having the same problems
i play for about 15 min or so and then screen goes black and computer restarts its self when left alone.

I have ran out of things to do so any other suggestions would be awesome.

Also, i have two more questions:

i know this is extremely noob of me but how would attach DMP files to this thread?

2. Would it help to reformat complete disk and re-install Windows?

If you can, download HWMonitor, and start that up, let it run in the background, and a bit before you normally black screen, close out and get a screen shot of what HWMonitor is showing. Also, to load minidump files, visit a site like megaupload, put all the dump files into a zipped file, upload to that site, and provide us a link to it.

If you can, download HWMonitor, and start that up, let it run in the background, and a bit before you normally black screen, close out and get a screen shot of what HWMonitor is showing. Also, to load minidump files, visit a site like megaupload, put all the dump files into a zipped file, upload to that site, and provide us a link to it.

Thank Corrosive i appreciate all the help and when i black screen again i will post the DMP files and also run the HWMonitor.

Just to add to everything going i noticed last night and this morning that has kinda changed my mind to a couple of other options is that i logged on to wow and played for about 2 hours with no problems and this morning for about a 1 1/2 hrs and still no problems.

The only things i did recently was ran CCleaner for Registry Cleaner and thats it and had no problems.
Then i was thinking about what happened previously in the week is that when i had all the problems to begin with my comp had been on all day.

So i am wondering is it my Registry or is it Overheating problems that cause the GPU to crash?

If it is Software prob. then i will keep thread here and if it is overheating i will take this thread and continue in Hardware.

Thanks Guys.

Well, older nvidia drivers could actually crash if the GPU was getting too hot it self, should have been un-releated issue, but it used to happen. I am rather sure Nvidia fixed that, BUT if you have a serious overheating issue, it could cause a driver lockup that can't be resolved. These minidumps you will post though, will most certainly point to an Nvidia driver issue, where the driver locks up, and can't recover.
Your first post indicates a 0x00000116 STOP message, which is GPU driver related, and many things can cause a driver to fail, such as OTHER system drivers, incorrect data in the registry it self that pertains to OLDER driver versions (hence reason to run the CCleaner for all your nvidia GPU drivers and reinstall them), or bad system RAM.
Bug Check 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Did you perform the memtest I asked? If you have multiple sticks, you should test EACH stick SEPARATE over night at a minimum, then in different combos to make sure that your memory is not faulty, at all.

have you cleared the wow cache and wtf folder and all that jazz?

also with the drivers what version drivers are you running and what card are you using. I can think of a couple things that might be the cause. If you're using a beta driver it might be a specific issue pertaining to your card, which might be the case if you're using an older card. Also if you're using the newest drivers it might be worth trying to use a previous version cause again it might be a specific issue with your card and the drivers.

are you using sli by chance?

Well, older nvidia drivers could actually crash if the GPU was getting too hot it self, should have been un-releated issue, but it used to happen. I am rather sure Nvidia fixed that, BUT if you have a serious overheating issue, it could cause a driver lockup that can't be resolved. These minidumps you will post though, will most certainly point to an Nvidia driver issue, where the driver locks up, and can't recover.
Your first post indicates a 0x00000116 STOP message, which is GPU driver related, and many things can cause a driver to fail, such as OTHER system drivers, incorrect data in the registry it self that pertains to OLDER driver versions (hence reason to run the CCleaner for all your nvidia GPU drivers and reinstall them), or bad system RAM.

Did you perform the memtest I asked? If you have multiple sticks, you should test EACH stick SEPARATE over night at a minimum, then in different combos to make sure that your memory is not faulty, at all.

I have not ran memtest as i picked some Cd's to burn ISO and run test tonight. I am really hoping that its not my Ram as i just bought new ram Corsair 1600mhz 4gb 2x. i have a total of 3 sticks all three are corsair except for the separate one that is a lower MHZ in which i was wasn't aware of so i will also pull this stick and maybe see if that might also cause errors as well.

Thank you for the bug check error as well.

have you cleared the wow cache and wtf folder and all that jazz?

also with the drivers what version drivers are you running and what card are you using. I can think of a couple things that might be the cause. If you're using a beta driver it might be a specific issue pertaining to your card, which might be the case if you're using an older card. Also if you're using the newest drivers it might be worth trying to use a previous version cause again it might be a specific issue with your card and the drivers.

are you using sli by chance?

I haven't cleared out my WTF file as i don't mess around with those files very much.

My video Card is GeForce GT 220 and i have dl'ed the lastest in which is GeForce 285.62 Driver which was released Oct 24, 2011

:::Since the BSOD that i am getting has to do with GPU drivers do you guys think if i replaced my GPU that would fix my prob???::::

Can i fix this error with exchanging my video card by chance?/?

Only if your card is having physical issues such as a bad capacitor and it's not providing sufficient voltage. That could cause a driver to error.

This is strictly a driver error, have you uploaded the minidumps for us to go through so we can see EXACTLY what is causing the driver or crash to occur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom