cd burner crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
Ok, got 2 systems, 2 different cd burners, both got xp, both have all the windows updates.. both of them, when i do a on the fly copy, it says that the blank disk is only 529megs, no matter which blank disk i put in. And if i do a image to harddrive copy, i get a bsd sayin that the system went into an infinite loop. So one of the machines, i reformatted and installed no updates.... same thing. i am using the latest version of nero, and also tried roxio 6. I figured it was the windows updates, but since i reformatted and it still did it dunno what to do. one pc has an xp300,, and the other a p3, so one new and one old system, same results

jseber1982 said:
Ok, got 2 systems, 2 different cd burners, both got xp, both have all the windows updates.. both of them, when i do a on the fly copy, it says that the blank disk is only 529megs, no matter which blank disk i put in. And if i do a image to harddrive copy, i get a bsd sayin that the system went into an infinite loop. So one of the machines, i reformatted and installed no updates.... same thing. i am using the latest version of nero, and also tried roxio 6. I figured it was the windows updates, but since i reformatted and it still did it dunno what to do. one pc has an xp300,, and the other a p3, so one new and one old system, same results

I would try a new cd burner

jseber1982 said:

don't take this wrong, but i would swear you had windows 98. I can't help you

yea i know, it is acting just like win98. but oh well, i will figure it out. lol dont try to uninstall a windows hotfix, i did it and pc went into an infinite reboot, even in safe mode

I've experienced that CDs that say that they are for 'AUDIO' purposes (not 'DATA') will be often misread at around ~ 530MB instead of 650 or 700. What type of discs are you using?

Also, upgrading the Firmware for the drive from the manufacturer can be helpful in case you actually are using Data CD-R discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom