Microsoft Word Form filling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not what I'm looking for there is a way with macros or something that allows you to just fill in the blanks without having to delete or anything.

yes ! with macros you can fill in your contract without having to delete or anything!

in VBA , you can create a "textbox" to fill in your requested content!

No! the macros is the script in the doc , it can perform some function and achieve your request automatically!

oh my, you have been lead around the proverbial mulberry bush.....its been awhile but making fillable forms In Word or Excel such as you need was my specialty.

We'll use Excel because its so much easier...what needs to be done is create a document that has all the info. In only the cells where you will be putting the variable contract information, like the customers name etc, you goto the cell properties and unlock the cell. Now when you are done and have everything looking the way you want you goto tools>protect sheet. save it as a template.

Ok, now....when you want to do a contract for Jow Blow, you open up the saved template which will open up as a regular Excel document, and you'll only be able to tab around to the different fields that you want to enter in information.

Voila!!

If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me.

--jak

p.s. this can be done in word also but I just like the way its so easy in Excel.

jaksback said:
oh my, you have been lead around the proverbial mulberry bush.....its been awhile but making fillable forms In Word or Excel such as you need was my specialty.

We'll use Excel because its so much easier...what needs to be done is create a document that has all the info. In only the cells where you will be putting the variable contract information, like the customers name etc, you goto the cell properties and unlock the cell. Now when you are done and have everything looking the way you want you goto tools>protect sheet. save it as a template.

Ok, now....when you want to do a contract for Jow Blow, you open up the saved template which will open up as a regular Excel document, and you'll only be able to tab around to the different fields that you want to enter in information.

Voila!!

If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me.

--jak

p.s. this can be done in word also but I just like the way its so easy in Excel.

I agree that you do your contract in microsoft Excel!

I have adviced you to do like this at the very start! flgirl

suker said:
I agree that you do your contract in microsoft Excel!

I have adviced you to do like this at the very start! flgirl

(shaking head) then why all this run around with macros?!?!

oh ! you are so penny-pinching!

but you are a good-tech guy! I like you and hope to be your friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom