Laptop Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've ordered the Coolermaster from play.com. Looks great. I'm especially eager to try the moveable fans.
I'm interested in one of those, if you could tell me/us what it's like once you've got it :)

It blows more air into your laptop. Laptops are cooled by air flowing over the heatsinks inside. The air flows through, draws heat out of the heatsink and is then blown out of the laptop. That's why cold air goes in, hot air comes out.

It blows more air into your laptop. Laptops are cooled by air flowing over the heatsinks inside. The air flows through, draws heat out of the heatsink and is then blown out of the laptop. That's why cold air goes in, hot air comes out.

Actually mine pulls air away from the heatsink. It does not push the air toward the laptop but helps it suck it out of the heatsink.

Actually mine pulls air away from the heatsink. It does not push the air toward the laptop but helps it suck it out of the heatsink.
Ah, right. That would be a bad idea for my laptop, mine blows the hot air out of the side (and draws it in from under).

I'm interested in one of those, if you could tell me/us what it's like once you've got it :)

Will do! My local computer shop is busy at the moment, and delivery seems to be slower than normal from Play.com and isn't here yet. Could be next Monday by the time I get my laptop back, but I shall post here after I've tried it.

Any good tools that push your laptop to it's limits, and can track heat?

Intel Burn Test to heat it up, and CoreTemp/RealTemp/HardwareMonitor to measure temps.

That is wrong. No CPU heatsink fan is meant to suck heat. It blows cool air across it.

After checking it out... I am wrong about that. It does blow up onto the bottom of the laptop. First time I ever done that:lol:. Thanks for the correction. I have had this coolermaster for around two years and the fan is still purring away. Course I am just using one fan.

After checking it out... I am wrong about that. It does blow up onto the bottom of the laptop. First time I ever done that:lol:. Thanks for the correction. I have had this coolermaster for around two years and the fan is still purring away. Course I am just using one fan.

I've never done anything with wiring like this before, so how would I remove one of the fans, to save incase one goes BOOM!

@ Yami. Got the cooler today. I'll be honest, I'm really impressed by it on the way you're able to move fans to different areas so easy. They've even got a little clip on, to stop wires hanging down and getting in the way. Getting my laptop back today. Will use those programs above and give it a push.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom