multiple cpu question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonie

In Runtime
I have decided to go with an asus z68 motherboard now and plug in a cheapo cpu, below, and upgrade once ivy bridge comes out. my question is once I put in the ib cpu is there a way I can make use of this extra cpu? I was thinking maybe you could get a little chipset that plugs into a pci slot so when I tax my system to the max, like autocad or something, I could kick on that extra little cpu hanging out a pci slot for like a 15% or so boost in computing power?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116409 this is the cpu

if this could work could you point me to the proper chip I need, no luck with google. what do you think? first time builder here.

thanks!

I was thinking maybe you could get a little chipset that plugs into a pci slot
You used to get this exactly; they're called daughter boards. However it's not something you get nowadays. Sorry.

heeyyy I was right lol! What do you mean, people just dont do them anymore and companys dont make them?

What about multiple cpus on ONE board?

heeyyy I was right lol! What do you mean, people just dont do them anymore and companys dont make them?
Companies don't design their chips to do that any more.

What about multiple cpus on ONE board?
That's fairly common in servers. There's no Sandy Bridge dual-CPU motherboard that I know of but there might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom