Samsung Syncmaster 2233rz switches on and then screen goes black

Status
Not open for further replies.

dargo

Beta member
Hi all

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 2233rz monitor it is only 2 years old but I have not used it much for a 6 month or so

what happens is when i start up my pc the monitor shows the screen and then it goes black i switch on and off and again

it shows the windows screen and then goes black again.

Can someone tell me what is going on I have never had this kinda problem before the monitor is working and switching on

I have no idea what to do please help :sad:

Thank you

I propose you have a bad backlight. When it goes blank, take a flashlight, holding it 45
* to the screen. If you can see the desktop, you indeed do have a bad backlight. Otherwise, It maybe be a power problem.

Hi ya

Thanks for your quick response

i have changed the power cable and also did the trick with flashlight but i cant see the desktop

don't know what to do next :sad:

Can you try another monitor on that PC? To rule out that it's not the GFX that's causing it.

Might want to try a new video cord, too. If you have an open port on your graphics card, try using that.

Do you perhaps still have warranty on it?

Just to make sure the problem's with the monitor, unplug it from your PC but leave the power in. Turn the monitor off, then turn it on again. It should pop up saying "no signal detected" or something along those lines, then after a while go into standby mode. If it doesn't do that, and instead just turns off, then definitely it's a hardware problem.

If it powers on for a second then loses power, could be some of the capacitors in the monitor have gone bad. How good are your electrical skills? If you crack your monitor open, you should be able to see if any of the capacitors are blown/leaking.

thanks for your responses i have tried everything but i most sure it is back light

and my warranty expired so i cant replace it

how can i fix the back light any suggestions

thank you

You can easily just get a new backlight, open up the screen, and replace. There are guides online of how to do it. Just make sure the bulb is the right size for your monitor.

You can easily just get a new backlight, open up the screen, and replace. There are guides online of how to do it. Just make sure the bulb is the right size for your monitor.

It might be more than the backlight, many LCD monitors had problems with bad capacitors that would cause similar symptoms.

I would also make sure that your monitor can be easy dissembled before purchasing any replacement parts. I had a HP monitor die from a problem like this but there was no way to open it up without breaking the bezel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom