opinions on this motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonie

In Runtime
Newegg.com - ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

What do you guys think this asus z68 deluxe gen 3, sound quality, overclocking, performance, overall build? It has usb and pci 3.0 and a pretty good phase design i think. Alot of pci slots, built in blutooth, I like everything about it except the color lol! And I will be using ivy bridge.

Ok I know this is kinda a stupid question, but all I have ever owned is laptops which all need network cards. So can I just plug in a cat 7 network cable into the like this,

Newegg.com - Rosewill RCNC-11046 25 ft. Cat 7 Red Shielded Twisted Pair (S/STP) Networking Cable

or do I need a wireless card?

Would love to hear what yall think about this board, afterall its arguably the most important part of the computer.

thanks!

You don't need a wireless card unless you plan on using wireless internet; it's already got two ethernet ports so a network cable (like the one you listed above) will work just fine.

For Ivy bridge and overclocking, this board is a good choice. Sound quality (to my ears) is the same with any motherboard. Overall it has lots of great options/features so if you have the money, go for it. :)

If you're going for Ivy Bridge, I'd wait until it's actually released before you start deciding on parts. The stuff we'd recommend now and the stuff we'll recommend at the time will change as pricing fluctuates and new products come out.

If you're going for Ivy Bridge, I'd wait until it's actually released before you start deciding on parts. The stuff we'd recommend now and the stuff we'll recommend at the time will change as pricing fluctuates and new products come out.

Is there a chance ivybridge might not work with this board? I think asus said it would, and what kind of game changers could the z77's be bringing to the table?

Oh, yes it will work. I have the P8P67 Deluxe, it's already been updated to support Ivy Bridge. The P8Z68 almost definitely has as well.

But you just cant recommend it because you never know whats gonna come out? What will work best with what and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom