water cooled heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think this is a bad idea... too much work for prolly not too much increase in performance, who wants to go drilling holes in healsinks and all this shit, why not buy a water block and somehow just rig a fan to it? you could even weld on some heatsink fins if you are that crazy about it :D

it was my freinds idea he got spare heatsink and drilled a hole through it then put some copper pipe through it i have to say when he told me i laughed but after seeing it it looks like it could work not only can you put your fan on the radiater you have one on yer heatsink too plus it only took him 10 mins to drill the hole so not that much work involved realy

hes not tried it yet ll let you know when he does he just needs a radiater to finish it off

Seems like it'd be rather pointless really...the whole point of water cooling is for the water to hit a hot surface and then flow away to carry the heat....his copper pipe won't make enough contact unless he's got it welded to the heatsink and even then he has it going through the middle? It's not nowhere as hot there as it is closer towards the bottom. IMO his venture was a waste of time.

i wondered how long it would take you to have your say nubius lol took longer than i expected,but yea i thought that too just have to wait till he finishes it tho amnd ill let you know how it goes,hes only done for somthing to do he just gets bored and does some weird crazy stuff lol

gets bored and does some weird crazy stuff lol
Well thats how my 'case mod' with all its fan in it came to be....boredom and the need for Ultimate air cooling!

i think a solid coppper waterblock would perform better than an aluminum one with a copper core. also depends on what kind of flow design he has on the waterblock..some work better than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom