Buying a new computer - in need of help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I'm actually from Norway, I just used the $ to give you guys a better idea of what my budget was. :)2. I have opened up my case several times, taking everything apart and putting it together again. The only issue I have with it are the cords. So I guess both pre-built and building my own is an option. If you recommend building my own and you could recommend the parts, that'd be great. Because I do not know what goes together nicely (ex: will the PSU power the GPU nicely etc...)But as I said, I am pretty new to this whole thing. I've got very little knowledge when it comes to computer hardware!
Make sure when you take it apart or put it together you are using an esd band (Electro Static Discharge) to help prevent frying your hardware.. It is very important.. They are cheap and you can pretty much find them anywhere they sell computers/hardware. Average price is 13.99$

You can also just regularly ground yourself by touching exposed metal on the case.
ESD bands, like typing in all capitals, have their uses but are often not necessary.

Wow, you guys are so incredibly helpful! I am most appreciative. :big_smile:

I have another question, which is about the Komplett.no - Corsair SSD Force Series 3, 120GB (SSD). I read through the comments from the buyers of this hardware, and some of them seem to have problems with the SSD. I'm clueless, so I was just wondering if you guys know anything about any issues regarding this specific piece of hardware?

I don't speak that language, whatever it is. But most reviews on retail sites are stupid people saying stupid remarks. Read more professional reviews on it.

Make sure when you take it apart or put it together you are using an esd band (Electro Static Discharge) to help prevent frying your hardware.. It is very important.. They are cheap and you can pretty much find them anywhere they sell computers/hardware. Average price is 13.99$
Can I go out on a limb and guess that you sell anti-static wristbands? :p

You might be getting tired of me asking question after question, so just tell me if enough is enough. :)

About the Intel i5 2500K. I read that the heatsink that comes with it isn't good and you should buy a heatsink as well? Do you guys know anything about this?

You might be getting tired of me asking question after question, so just tell me if enough is enough. :)
lol, we're here to answer questions ;) Feel free to keep asking.

About the Intel i5 2500K. I read that the heatsink that comes with it isn't good and you should buy a heatsink as well? Do you guys know anything about this?
The stock heatsink (i.e. the one it comes with) is perfectly fine for use. The only reasons to get a better one are:
1) You live in a desert and thus it's very hot during the day.
2) You're overclocking the CPU.
3) You want your system to be quieter.

Hey, we want you to be happy with your purchase. Praise goes a long way, also. :lol:

The 2500k heatsink is better than the traditional dinky Intel heatsinks, but anything is better than it, to say the least. I like Xigmatek and Scythe heatsinks, but others will suggest different ones. Depends on what budget we are talking on.

This is where I am so far:

CPU: 1,749 - Intel i5 2500K
MB: 1,249 - MSI Z68A-GD55 G3
RAM: 419 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 low profile
ODD: 199 - Sony Optiarc 24x DVD/CD Burner
HDD: 969 - Seagate Barracuda® 7200.12 1TB
SSD: 1,395 - 120GB Corsair Force Series 3
GPU: 2,550 - EVGA GTX 570
PSU: 885 - Corsair TX650M
Case: 945 - Corsair Carbide 400R

Total = 11,209 (NOK) / 1996.00 (USD)

My budget is 1900 USD, but I'll make this price work. So I don't wanna spend much more, considering all I want with the computer is for it to run upcoming games (e.g. Skyrim) on decent graphics smoothly.

Thoughts? Should this work nicely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom