New laptop around $800

Status
Not open for further replies.
What games will you hope to play? You have a desktop, why not play games on it? You'd get better performance and a heck of a lot less heat..

no doubt- this is more for a mobile situation on a trip and for the fact that I have 3 kids, all like to game. I will have 2 desktops that are good builds for gaming, so this is a third option for the house of 5 people to watch a movie, surf, and play less intense games like dragon age, WOW, and other RPG's, etc. probably not for BF3 or massive multi shooter games - I know that cant happen without spending $1200 and up.

I never go through ASUS customer service. Warranty, no. I had to send in my refurbed laptop from Newegg to them, because it had a faulty wireless card. If i need an RMA, I go to their site and fill out an RMA form. Not through customer service, ever. Look at how many ASUS products I have in my sig picture.

Acer is good, as well.

You have a TigerDirect or MicroCenter near you? You'd get the same warranty that you get from any store. 30-60 days to return the product, and then your on the manufacturer's warranty for maybe a year or 2.

OK - i ordered the ASUS linked above- with the 2 year warranty for $70- there PA service center is like 2 miles from my home. Weird hey- the only services center in PA.

THanks

Laptop arrived - OK, now how do I get the bloatware off? I know I have seen links on this site- but if someone could relink in this thread it would be appreciated. I hate BING - in order to turn on the Laptop I had to agree to use it. WOW - how much did they give ASUS for that gem!?!?

Thanks again

OK downloaded the Decrapifier software and Wow- I cant even tell what software I should delete- don't know what I need and what I can get rid of- what a NOOB!! For Example there are a bunch ASUS programs, ATK package, A few windows live things that has other languages within the description, Cyberlink Corp software (2), Sonic Focus and Synaptics pointing device driver from synopsys, syncables desktop SE by Syncables. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom