New Build Isssue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caution

Solid State Member
I put together my comp today and everything works great, until I turned the comp off.
Now when I turn my comp back on it turns on for two seconds, turns off, then turns back on and boots like normal :silent:.

Its not really that annoying more as it is concerning. I really am lost at what the issue could be. Any help from some pro's would be appreciated! Thanks.

CPU- i5 2500k
MB- Asus p8p67 LE
GPU- GTX 560 ti
PSU- Thermaltake 750

when building the computer did you make sure that the thermal paste was spread smoothly across the whole CPU?
also try restarting your BIOS?

It was the stock thermal paste for my set up. It's a weird issue. Should I be alarmed? Or will it not hurt my system to have that happen?

My computer does this when I change a BIOS setting and restart; it turns on, then off for a couple seconds, then back on. Sounds like your BIOS is trying to set some setting that it thinks wasn't there before. I can't imagine this harming the system - but I can't see running power for a few seconds then turning it off and then back on again being good for it...I would try some of the things Roark suggested.

It sounds like your mobo is having problems with the memory settings. Have you manually set the Speed, Latencies and Voltage for your memory? What memory are you using?

mines the same i have p8h67-m pro asus board and mine does it tooo . my pc boots fine .......... its just basically a quick check it does .

cpu ; I5-2500
4gb ddr3
asus p8h67-m pro

It sounds like your mobo is having problems with the memory settings. Have you manually set the Speed, Latencies and Voltage for your memory? What memory are you using?
I second this, try checking your memory settings because a friend who once had a dodgy p35 MSI board had two sticks of dissimilar ram. It proved extremely hard to satisfy both sets of ram which mutual settings, and he had this same problem. Extremely annoying.

It was the stock thermal paste for my set up. It's a weird issue. Should I be alarmed? Or will it not hurt my system to have that happen?
What exactly do you mean by "It was the thermal paste"?
A thermal issue would typically cause your computer to throttle or shutdown during use, not double boot on start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom