Ocz ZX 1250 prob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_who689

Baseband Member
Hello,

My Ocz zx 1250 finally came in the mail today, Wooo.
Bought this to upgrade my Corsair HX 850w to start using SLI MSI 580 GTX XLE, even with my 850w it was able to turn on with both
580s but once i started a benchmark test an alarm went on so had to shut it down. Thinking that the ocz 1250w would do the job, surprisingly i'm getting a big problem from it. This is the first time i'm booting my rig with the new ocz psu and first thing i hear is some sorta loud clicking sound(louder than any component in my rig, and very unbearable...) almost thought it was a wire or ziptie of some sort hitting a new scythe fan i installed, i listened to every component in my rig, at first thought it was my GPUs but than listened closely to the PSU and knew it was coming from it. I read all over forums about this and many say its some kinda of "coil whining" due to high FPS, but i dont think thats the problem i turned on vsync and noise just continues to get jump around from loud to quiet than back to loud. Also in bios switched those C1 setting off. I really dont know whats the problem...I also tried turning off SLI mode.

Last time i had this problem, i had a generic no-name PSU 800w power up my 480, thought the noise was just the sound of a PSU breaking in lol, but two days after it blew out...so hoping that this is not the result of this sound in this case :(, well it shouldnt be i would think that the ocz zx 1250 can handle 580 SLI

Here is my specs:
i7 2600k @ 4.1
Cooler master V10
gigabyte p67a-ud7
g.skill 8gb 1866mhz
MSI N580 GTX XLE 3gb SLI
Ocz zx 1250w
x2 Seagate barricuda 1TB
WD Velociraptor 600gb
SSD Samsung 64gb ( Boot Drive )
Thermaltake armor v6000 Full case

Please if you have any advice or knowledge of this, would be greatly appreciated, Unfortunately cant RMA, so hoping this is just a phase in my Ocz lol and tomorrow when i wake up it will be all good. xD

Why can't you RMA it if you just purchased it? I would call up OCZ and ask them. If this is a known defect, they have to RMA it.

I feel stoop...i musta been really out of it last night, got home today from work and found that the noise is actually coming from one of my MSI 580s....i agree with ya the Ocz 1250 is quiet as **** lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom