Laptop Just Died - What hardware is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy058910

Baseband Member
Hi,

I was literally doing minimal browsing and all of a sudden it turned off instantly.

Tried turning it back on and nothing. Took out the battery and tried turning it on with the power cord plugged in and nothing except a small sound coming from what seemed like the RAM or Processor. This only occurred with no battery and the power cord.

Is my motherboard shot? Is there anyway to easily identify the problem? Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks in advance

A single continuous beep? That normally validates a memory problem. Try taking out one of your 2 memory sticks. See if that helps any, if no, try the other stick.

Continuous as in it beeps, then beeps again a second later, over and over and over... Is that what you meant?

No luck. Here's what happens, whenever I plug in the power cord to the computer, that's when it does that rythmic... sort of sputter beep thing every second. The light on the actual power cord unit flashes green in cohesion with the sputter beep sound. This happens 100% of the time, even with no RAM in at all. The power button doesn't even need to be pressed for this to occur, and no different when I do press the power button. No charging light comes on, on the pc when the power cord is plugged in. And just to further clarify, if I turn it on without any power cord, nothing happens... the only difference is I dont get to hear the sputtering beeping sound.

Is your laptop still under warranty? I'd call up ASUS and ask them about it. There's definitely something wrong with the circuitry in the power plug end. You might just need a new A/C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom