New Techie (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castiel23

Beta member
Hello everyone. I've always had an interest in computers and technology, but only recently have I begun college classes for computers. I enjoy learning about everything, its fascinating. I am just now dipping my feet into the command line.
I hate it, yet it intrigues me at the same time. I'd love to get to know how to operate it inside and out, but as of right now, I'm barely navigating it.
I have 2 questions for anyone that may know, regarding the command line. If anyone can help me, I'll be a dedicated member for life here, lol.

1. Your messing around one day and delete a file named CRITICAL.DLL from the System32 directory in the Windows directory. A friend gives you a copy of the file on a floppy disk. What's the EXACT command you'd use to copy it back to the correct place?

2. You would like to mane backup copies of all of your Word documents in the root directory. You type the following at the command prompt. C:\>Copy A:\* .Doc
Will this command work? Why or why not?

These two questions, I just can't figure out. I'm trying my best to learn about the command line, but these two questions escape me. If anyone can help me, it'd be much appreciated.

I'll see you around, happy to be a member here. I should've joined a while ago, lol.

Welcome to Tech-Forums :)
We try not to do homework help, since there's the possibility that people can just get their homework done for them by posting different bits of it on different tech sites ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom