Need help picking out a video card, looking at GeForce 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the evga 560 one you are talking about. Overclocked it to 925mhz, no problems, simply a very good and cost efficient car which will run battlefield 3 smoothly. Got max settings, reso at 1920x1080 but aa at 0. Still very good. Paid 190€.

And had a radeon 5770 before. Video quality is better but for games nvidia is simply my choice....we go way back to the geforce 2gts and 6600Gt, and 8600gt on my macbook pro. Amaing cards. Ati doesnt give you that feeling. Hated my macs ati 9600pro.

What kind of quad core cpu do you have? That factors into your system performance as well. What mobo and PSU do you have? And there is a difference between the regular 560 and the ti edition. The ti preforms much better. You'll want the 560ti for BF3. But that card will NOT max out BF3, no way no how. What is your monitor resolution?

Yes it does. I play on Ultra at 1680x1050. Averages 45 fps accoring to fraps, dips to 30ish at the most demanding parts.

Yes it does. I play on Ultra at 1680x1050. Averages 45 fps accoring to fraps, dips to 30ish at the most demanding parts.
Could you please post what settings you have exactly, and how high they are? Also, what drivers are you on?

Could you please post what settings you have exactly, and how high they are? Also, what drivers are you on?

On the latest drivers (285.62), all settings as high as they go for the FPS I posted. Only in campaign is it playable with MSAAx4 on. For whatever reason in multiplayer it plays fine with it on for about 2 minutes, then starts freezing for 1-2 seconds at a time when turning. With MSAA set to x0 the fps average jumps up to around 60 from what I can tell, though I haven't actually recorded a run like that on FRAPS, so I could be off on that.

Happened across a benchmark showing what the 560Ti can do on Ultra:
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...on-and-GeForce-graphics-cards-tested/Reviews/

On the latest drivers (285.62), all settings as high as they go for the FPS I posted. Only in campaign is it playable with MSAAx4 on. For whatever reason in multiplayer it plays fine with it on for about 2 minutes, then starts freezing for 1-2 seconds at a time when turning.
I've noticed that too, actually (I'm on a 560 Ti, on Ultra except for Shadows on medium, latest drivers). Though I'm at 1080p.

Happened across a benchmark showing what the 560Ti can do on Ultra:
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...on-and-GeForce-graphics-cards-tested/Reviews/
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom