Need help picking out a video card, looking at GeForce 560

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. LL

In Runtime
It's been a while since I bought a video card, currently run a GeForce 8800 GT. My hardware is good, Win7 64bit, quad core CPU, 8 GB ram. I just need to upgrade.

I recently bought Battlefield 3, haven't installed it yet. I need something that can run DX11 and will work full blast with this game and similar games.

After a little research the 560 seems good and this site has it for a good price. Is there a difference between the 560 and the 560 Ti? A search on Ti seems like they cost more.

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 1024 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1460-KR - AGS Computers & Electronics

Is there another good video card I should look at that has 1 gb RAM and plays DX11? ATI is good too. I would like to find something sub $100 if possible but this 560 for $135 wouldn't be bad.

What kind of quad core cpu do you have? That factors into your system performance as well. What mobo and PSU do you have? And there is a difference between the regular 560 and the ti edition. The ti preforms much better. You'll want the 560ti for BF3. But that card will NOT max out BF3, no way no how. What is your monitor resolution?

Btw, I have a 560 Ti, overclocked maybe 10-15%, plays BF3 fine, everything on High and 4xAA at 1080p. That's of course with my i5 2500K at 4.5GHz.

@Yami, I have no doubt it will play it on high. But maxed out, it'll be struggling.
Agreed; I'm just reporting what I get ;) I probably should've appended a 'but I wouldn't put it much higher than that'

I have a AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6 GHZ CPU, Mobo came with a 2010 P desk top. I have a 22" Acer monitor running at 1680 X 1050.

I think that site I listed is dead, no way to add to cart and the home page is coming up with a error, I thought that was too low for that card.

I guess I'll have to recant running the game full blast as I don't want to spend several hundered dollars right now on a video card but it sounds like this card would work well enough. What about the 4xx series cards do they perform very well?

I'm a little confused a 480 is really expensive I guess the number doesn't mean it's better. The 460 are a little lower priced and according to Tom's chart it's right under the 560. Anyone have the 460's? would that be agood gaming card for BF3? Even if I can't run full blast I would like to at least get the graphical experience the game was made for.

Does anyone know of a way to see how something like the 460 compares to my current 8800 GT?

Wow, thanks. Thats a good tool to have. I may go with a Radeon 5850 but I'll do some comparisons on different cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom