No Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrnotu

In Runtime
Just put a new build together. The computer starts and appears to run. Fans running, HD spinning and all. But no video. I have been messing with this most of the day and have done the common things like removing components and reinstalling them, making sure of the connections, cleared CMOS and more. Still no video. What am I doing wrong? I want this thing to run baby run. Thanks. Build in sig

What graphics card are you using?
Check all the mounting holes and make sure the correct amount of stand-offs are being used.
Check the 24-pin ATX connections and the 4/8 pin ATX power connectors.
Try setting the motherboard and components outside the case (a piece of cardboard under the motherboard works) to perform a bench test.
Use one stick of RAM while testing.

I am using a single GeForce 560ti. The way this case is designed it did not take standoffs. Where the MB mounts it has raised places where the screws go. Even with the shortest standoffs the board was too high for it to properly fit out the back. I have tried all the connections and one stick of ram. I think it might be the factory bios will not work with the FX cpu. I need the 0813 bios and donot know how to load it on a board that act dead. I will be working on this today till I get too fustrated with it. Thanks

If this is indeed the problem then you will need to have a supported CPU installed to perform the BIOS update.

The only other CPU that I have is this. AMD Phenom II X4 945 Socket AM3. Donot know if it will work on this board. Fixing to take this thing apart. Again.

It is listed as compatible. It should work with the initial BIOS revision for that board.
If it does and you get a successful boot check to see what BIOS version you are running and if the update is needed follow the exact steps to perform.

I got the X4 in but still got to put everything together and got to run into town first so it will be an hour or two before I try to fire it up again. I think the board comes with 0404 bios and should of at least got me to the boot screen. But who knows.

Got the X4 booted up and got my video. Yea! Now to get my new bios installed.

Thanks
Will update later.

Got it up and running but with all the time I spent on it I didnot have the time to install the FX. Had to do a reinstall of Windows and the updates and all. Maybe in a couple days. Thanks for the help.

Okay..Be aware that after you change the CPU you may need to reinstall Windows again or at least perform a repair install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom