Western Digital My Passport Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

evidence

Beta member
I've owned my Western Digital My Passport Essential 250 GB USB 2.0 for almost 3 years and its primary use is for storing my music collection (includes itunes, amazon downloads, files converted from vinyl, ect.). Up until a week ago, I've had no problems with the drive but after plugging it an and being asked to scan for errors which I ended up doing.
New Picture (3).bmp

I never received errors on this drive up until I did this recent scan. The scan affected random music on my drive. Some of the tag information was removed and I'm unable to play those songs. Some of the songs, which usually range 3-5 mb are down to 32.0 kb. Example
New Picture (1).bmp

Another problem that I get is that some of my music is now skipping (usually around the last 20 seconds of the songs). To attempt to find a solution, I searched the web and called Western Digital and found that disabling the audio enhancements and using a different usb cable/port were suggested. I tried both and ended up with no results. I know this is something that should have been backed up, which is the intention (if I can get the music back) whenever I can afford a new drive.

Is it possible to get the music back or are the files permantly corrupted (flushing away tons of money I spent on itunes and amazon over the years)?

You can't upload pictures from your own computer. Use tinypic.com.

Sounds like the drive just corrupted. Save what you can. It's telling you goodbye.

You can't upload pictures from your own computer. Use tinypic.com.
Actually, with the recent forum update you now can. Just click the Image button (along from URL button and to the left of Video button) and you get the option between uploading from your PC or using a URL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom