Driver Installation Failed 1603

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwes00789

Beta member
Hi I have an emachine pc Model number (EMACHINES W5233) with Vista service pack 2. Im trying to install a Verizon Novatel 4G LTE usb551L modem and I get this error Driver Installation Failed:1603. then It tries to install VZAccess software and It says Error 2738 could not access VBScript Runtime for custom action. I have spent hours trying to get this installed, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I may be rusty but lets see.

Make sure you have complete administrative rights, right click on driver install file and click "Run as admin"

Make sure User account control is turned off or is in lowest security mode for now.

Have you tried installing in safe mode?

Where are you attempting to install this driver from, a disk or from the internet?

It is possible to run a windows update and allow it to attempt and find a update.

Also try connecting the modem first VIA USB or ethernet to see if windows vista automatically configures it for you.

ok i have tried to run as admin,

I do have User account control turned off,

I have tried in safe mode,

I have tried installing from disk, and also downloaded file from Verizon

Ive got all the updates and im using ethernet now and it tires to configure automatically but it says no drivers could be found for this hardware..... or something to that effect.

i just tried the safe mode after you posted, thats the only thing I havent tried yet lol.

Hrmm, and the modem doesn't automatically work when you plug it in? If possible connect to it using an ethernet cord?
Or are you forced to use USB?

Do a full update of your OS through windows update( Internet explorer) then try again with the driver install.

Edit: on second thought, try it with User account control on all the way before updating windows, I just remembered that some installers require the user on VISTA and W7 to allow the installer to continue by through the UAC interface when it asks you for permission.

Other than that, try the OS update.

ok the modem is usb only. When I plug it in it tries to install automatic but I get the errors stated above. Im connected to Internet atm through an ethernet cable. and when I go to windows update I have none so i dont understand how to do a "full update of my OS" as far as I know there is no updates available.

And you are unable to connect to the internet after it says the driver error message?

If possible, can you go into your control panel>Administrative tools>device manager> and pull down the menu for universal serial bus and take a screen shot, posting it here of that page.

Looking for any red x's or yellow question marks on that menu and anywhere else in device manager.

Hrmm, how did you access the internet before this?

Try safe mode WITH networking, see if you can access it that way.

I don't know what else to suggest, other than trying the tech-support phone number for that device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom