Usb ports not working new mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiri styles

Beta member
Hey guys, recently purchased gigabyte z68xp-ud4 everything works, but the USB ports give my mouse and keyboard power but none work on my desktop so the cursor is just in the middle of the screen and won't move at all , keyboard does nothing also, but I can get into the bios no problems, and I did a windows repair on start up and the mouse was working also... So something strange is going on here but I can't put my finger on it I'd like some opinions and help if anyone is willing to help thanks :)

Right Click my computer -> Properties -> device manager. Any yellow bubbles with "!"'s?
If your keyboard and mouse arent working, you may have to try a PS2 mouse / keyboard

Most motherboards have rear USB ports and headers to connect cables to the front panel ports. They use different controllers. In addition to the suggestions above, try a different pair and see what happens.

First of all which OS are you using ? If it's Windows 7 this is supposed to mount the
Correct drivers for your mobo.
Have you try mounting the drivers manually ?
Right Click in my computer -> Properties -> device manager
Then look for Universal Serial Bus Controllers make sure that
That there's no yellow bubbles with "!"' (Which means that there is a problem)
If there is a yellow exclamation sign there you must update the driver.
Good Luck Bud !

Oh I just remembered that there is something in the setup to check
Just turn on your computer and as soon as is start the post hit "DEL key"
To enter setup when you get to the setup look for Advanced then check if USB controller
Is Enabled. Also check if Legacy USB Support is in "AUTO"
This should fix your problem

Good Luck

@ Sir. Lancelot, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom