z68 vs z77?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonie

In Runtime
I would like to get my build done before christmas but the ivy bridge and the new chipsets just keep looming overhead, I cant decide wether I shouold wait or not.

my question, this board has USB and PCI 3.0 support but its not native.

1: is native support for these features that much better or something?
2: without native USB and PCI 3.0 and with a bios flash to make this ivy bridge ready, whats the difference between this guy and the upcoming z77? I mean are there any other features to the z77?

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER2 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

if I went with this now would I be good to go?

thanks!

Nothing has been released in terms of specifications on the new ivy bridge or new chipsets. Its all speculation at this point. That board is very expensive and I dont see why. It has no mention that it supports pci-e 3.0 but that goes into the big debate gigabyte is having saying that the sandy bridge E cpu all have built in pci-e 3.0 in either the cpu or the chipsets and that they can be activated when needed to. not many believe this claim but either way, I would go with this Newegg.com - ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard as it has all the same features plus pci-e 3.0

yeah the onboard features of that gigabyte are, ehh.

what do you think about this board? it offers pci 3.0 and its got alot of expansions slots

Newegg.com - ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

That is a great board.

I just did a build using it awhile back....actually did the build for myself and my buddy loved it so much he bought it from me one night on the spot.

I am also thinking about doing the same build again or waiting awhile.

Anyway...that board is wonderful.

The one I used was not a Gen. 3....so the board you are looking at is even better.

Hurry up and decide on your hard drive now - prices are going up hourly due to massive flooding in WD factories and Seagate supplier factories. Either that, or wait 2 or 3 months until alternative supply channels compensate.

Yeah I really like this board and if I decide to not wait for q2 2012 for ivy bridge and the z77 I will definately go with this board and a 2600k. But I dont understanding why this board is not more popular or more expensive for that matter, what makes the asus board above it so much better?

Flooding? haha I dont get your understanding. so the black caviar WD hard drive I was looking at you say the prices are going up? I noticed it was like 140$, last time i checked

Flooding? haha I dont get your understanding. so the black caviar WD hard drive I was looking at you say the prices are going up? I noticed it was like 140$, last time i checked

What Digerati said is true, flooding is causing HDD manufacturing plant shut downs. Many drives have already gone up in price and others are going out of stock and won't be restocked for quite some time. A 750 GB WD Black drive that I was going to get went up $30 in price prior to simply not being available. It was very disappointing.

I just saw some pictures, holy cow lol! I hope it gotes down soon, 1tb wd on newegg is 190$!!!!! anyway, I just dont want to go with a z68 now and three months later a z77 completely outclass it, specially on m first build lol!

I dont understanding why this board is not more popular or more expensive for that matter, what makes the asus board above it so much better?
Not sure what board you're referring to but I would say the Asus isn't "popular" yet because its Gen3, which means its a fairly recent release.
As for the Gigabyte, I'm not sure who is spending $360 on that board, but it looks to me like you could get the same features on a board half the price.

I just dont want to go with a z68 now and three months later a z77 completely outclass it
If you're willing to wait for Ivy Bridge and the next generation of motherboards then certainly do so.
But keep in mind at the rate technology progresses there is always something new coming in a few months.
Eventually you have to stop waiting and just go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom