crosfire on intel board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonie

In Runtime
Now obviously crossfire on an amd based system would run fine, but how does it compare to using say, two 6970s off a 2600k cpu? Would it run just as well as the amd route?

Amd says when you put a radeon gpu with a 990x mobo and a fx processor you create a skorpious platform (whats with all the cheezy names anyway?) but is there anything magical about having your main components from the same producer?

Well seeing how sli is a nvidia thing, not intel, I fdoubt theres 0 loss or gain, other than the 2600k will not bottleneck things at all.

I do not think either all amd products is a boost, especially sine nvifdia no long makes many motherboards, anfd intel make no dedicated gpus.

^ and AMD didn't even get into the game until fairly recently, it was ATi before they got bought out.

The only down-side is some motherboards may not support SLi or XFire natively, though it can usually be fixed with an update/patch.

I think you're probably right Paton.
Would explain why most AMD cards come with a XFire bridge, but only natively SLi compatible motherboards come with an SLi bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom