new build not making it to post, HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't flash the bios without the cpu being recognize or able to POST.

I know you don't have any AM3+ cpu, but do you have any AM3 cpu you can get your hands on? Alot of the older AM3 cpu are supported with version 1.0 bios which is probably the one your motherboard has right now.

I ordered a POST card yesterday and had it over nighted to me. Code 00 sits there.

I did some more research online and seems this mobo has a bad history of being DOA. I spoke with MSI and they said they would replace it for me if it is bad. Sending it to them today/tomorrow and hoping the get this taken care of. Lesson learned, ALWAYS read the reviews before buying anything. I almost always do but didn't for this one....Oh well, hopefully will have good news in the near future regarding this issue being successfully resolved.

Thanks for all the help!

so I just got off the phone with the MSI tech team and they said they flashed the BIOS no problem and that the board should be working. I am waiting for it to return to me tomorrow evening and will find out pretty quickly if that fixes the problem or not.

If not....I'm going to be making an angry phone call to MSI if it does work I will be still angry that the BIOS was not updated to support my processor but will be understanding to the situation (even if I did have to pay for S/H one way for the board).

surprisingly I didn't have to pay. I told them I refused to pay for shipping when I had just paid their company by purchasing the product. The guy didn't even put up a fight and just said ok we'll pay to ship it.

I DID pay the return shipping by personal choice. Had a LAN this weekend and wanted to have the new rig built in time (otherwise they would have done UPS ground for free).

MSI gets a huge 2 thumbs up for their ability to resolve this issue quickly and professionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom