cpu: i5-2400
PSU: AYWUN A1-5000 500w
GPU: nvidia 430gt 2048mb
RAM: 8gb ddr3 1333

here is my analysis when i hit the power on button:

* power supply is down
* i notice the cpu fan makes a very slight turn, like 1/2cm turn
* all components are down except the LED of the chassis
* whenever i unplug the 12v PSU 4-pin connector, CPU and PSU fan works, except for the GPU fan

this happened the first time I assemble the components together, then i did an accidental and unexplained miracle that made it turn on. The problem returned few days later.

I'm not sure which components do i RMA. I need some help, thanks.

What do you mean by "PSU is down"?

Try disconnecting parts until you come at a solution. Start with the hdd, optical. Try using one stick of RAM. Next, see if removing the GPU helps.

i did all those gpu removed and inserted, 1 or 2 ram inserted and no ram, hdd out and plugged. i have no optical drive. and the problem persists. i can't pin point the problem

sorry i meant power supply won't work even if it is plugged in a wall socket and the 24 pin and 4 pin cables secured in the mobo

Try resetting your CPU. Might want to try taking your board out of the case. Put it on a piece of cardboard. See if you get anything. Might be your board. Have another PSU around? Try that.

i did those too, motherboard out of the case and on a pillow, and also a wooden surface, and reset the cpu. the problem is i am not willing to waste any more $$ if i wana test if one component is working or not, these are the only i have. :(

did you try a different PSU? If so, it is your board or CPU.

You can easily RMA your board. It will only cost you shipping to the manufacturer. Under $15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom