wet laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlysue902

Solid State Member
i recently was on vacation at a friends house and i left my laptop on there couch and there dog went and peed on the laptop..they had wiped it of but the laptop was plugged in and it wouldnt turn on at first.i tried drying it with battery out ...it has been a couple days now and this morning it did turn on but now only a few of the keys work on the keyboard...and body have any ideas..is it junk now or what..please tell me what you think...thanks in advance

Try using an external keyboard, does it work? Then it's just your keyboard that is bad. This can be replaced. What laptop do you have?

my laptop is a Hewlett Packard
Compac Presario cq56 notebook pc
pentium dual core 64 bit
how would i go about using another keyboard...im a newbie to computer stuff..would i just plug it in one of the usbs? thanks in advance

of course all my other keyboards are round plugins..i will find one and try this thanks so much for all your help.i will let you know what happens.

thatd be awesome if it was only a shorted keyboard.. good luck.:omg: when i spill water on electronics i dry them off by hand, put them in a bowl of rice for 5 or 6 days, and blow them out softly, then another day or 2 of rice.. make sure if u ever do it again IMMEDIATELY remove the battery and do not try to turn on... you can submerge motherboards in water and dry them as long as theyre not wet when electricity goes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom