Sons 16th Birthday gaming PC gift - please look over and make suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerinpa

Fully Optimized
HMMM no I had not - so you think the i3 will perform as well as a phenom 955? I only looked into i5 - which is too expensive. Also by getting The AMD3+ board he will be able to upgrade the processor down the road.

Will my posted system or the i3 with P67 Mobo with the rest of the list be able to do crossfire with 2 x 5770's ?

I would stay with a quad. BC2 was pretty hard on duals so I expect BF3 to be the same or worse.

Yes I assumed Trotter was talking about my Phenom as well. The Intel quad = 2500 is just too expensive. So do I go with the phenom quad core or the i3 dual core?? That link is very interesting Patron - hard to believe that a dual core can outperform a quad.

What about overclocking the phenom - have heard it done to 3.9 mhz.

I would stay with a quad. BC2 was pretty hard on duals so I expect BF3 to be the same or worse.

BF3 tax's servers almost 100% more than BC2 did. If thats anything to go by, it's pretty killer. Go Sandy Bridge, Intel CPU's are normally superior for gaming.

This reminds me when my parents got a ATI 9600Pro for my Birthday :D That thing barely needed a heatsink, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom