Case Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caution

Solid State Member
I am building a pretty high end gaming system and I am not sure what size case I should go with. I'm going to liquid cool my cpu and have some after market fans, I currently am not going to sli but in the future who knows. I was wondering if a mid size would have worse ventilation? Or if I need the full towers space?

Also some suggestions on good cases for less than $130 would be great. Thanks again.

I'd go with the Corsair Carbide 500R.
Its been getting great reviews and you can slap a rad right on top.
That is, if you're using a standard ATX motherboard and not an extended ATX.

$130 with promo code till 10/27, and a $15 rebate.

I'm in the process of building a high end water cooling rig too, my personal suggestion is look at what size of rad you want to fit in your case. If you want to cool your cpu, gpu and add on another gpu in the future I would suggest looking into which cases which will internally fit a 360 rad. If you dont want to fit your rad internally look into external options and go from there. But if your serious about this build I would suggest a full tower case, you dont want to be working in a restrictive work environment. If your not looking into watercooling all those components, maybe just your cpu then we can go from there.

Thanks for all the help, i'm going with a full tower case and just spending the money. I'm learning (my first build) that it's best not to cheap out on anything if you want to "future proof" your system.

Set up so far...
CPU- i5 2500k - $140 off craigslist
RAM- G.Skills 8gb Ripjaw ddr3 1600 12800 cas-9-9-9-24 - $39.99 Newegg price shocker
PSU- Thermaltake TPW Gold 750 Watt- $100 Newegg price shocker
Motherboard- ASUS p8p67 LE - $110 (bundle deal on new egg w/ PSU)

I've been piecing it together slowly waiting for great deals. Does new egg never do good GPU sales? Also do they do really good cyber black friday deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom