Bluetooth won't work on Gateway P-6860fx

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLUE

Baseband Member
Hi, I am pretty sure my laptop has built in bluetooth, but I am trying to pair a new external bluetooth speaker (jawbone jambox) and bluetooth won't show up in the taskbar. I have a gateway p-6860 fx, I am fairly sure it has built in bluetooth capability, please let me know if it does or not. I am also running windows vista 64bit and when I go to control panel there is bluetooth devices, but when I go to bluetooth devices/bluetooth settings and try to select the allow bluetooth devices to find this computer, I get a bluetooth service error that says "an error occurred while windows was saving your settings. The bluetooth device may be unplugged. The following settings were not saved: Discovery availability settings, Connection settings."

Is it possible that I disabled or uninstalled something to do with bluetooth, I may have, but I am not sure. I do not see anything that says bluetooth in device manager. I am pretty sure it used to come up in the taskbar (bottom right of screen), but now it does not. My laptop also has the bluetooth symbol as a secondary function (fn + f6), but pressing it does nothing. After extensive search on google for an answer, I resorted to techforum, which is my go to site when I am totally stumped and thank you to those who reply, please help me figure this one out!

I'm also wondering if in the event that my laptop doesn't have bluetooth, or I can't resolve the issue. Would buying a usb bluetooth adapter for my laptop resolve the problem and if so how much are they?

@ CLUE, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom