Computer start up issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lysergik25

Beta member
Heya gents, I'd like to start off by saying thanks in advance to anyone who atleast tries to help me out here, been getting very frustrated with this.

Got a new gaming computer from CompUSA back in June, and first time I turned it on it worked great and all that good stuff. The next day, turning it on brought up a error screen, something along the lines of Windows did not shut down properly and had an error, and gave the options to start normally or in safe mode. Since that time there was about a 50% chance of that happening every time I turn on my computer, and I turn it off normally every time. Then, if I left my computer on for enough time for it to go into hibernate mode, when I would try to move the mouse to start it back up it would just reboot and then freeze before the reboot was finished, this happens pretty frequently. And now about 75% of the time I start up my computer it goes to Windows Startup Repair, and after spending a while there tells me I need to system restore. It's getting really frustrating with all this happening on a new computer, I'm afraid sooner or later it just wont work and I'll lose all my files. Is there anything I can do?

Got a new gaming computer from CompUSA back in June
It's getting really frustrating with all this happening on a new computer

Is there anything I can do?
Yes. Take it back! You should have returned it back in June. Do not delay or risk voiding your warranty. Copy any files you don't want to lose first. Then take it back and be sure to tell them this has been happening since you bought it. I would avoid removing any components now - since the whole computer is still under warranty.

I've thought about doing that, but returning it is the last thing I want to do. I do not want to have to reinstall everything and go through that pain, but I guess I might have to.

As far as the manufacturer, it is one of a series of computers that their Tech employees custom built for gaming, so I don't think I can answer that unless I'm just being an idiot.

And another problem I forgot to tell, happened as I turned my computer on this morning. It will go through all the bootup screens as I start it up, but right before it gets to the password screen, it just restarts and does it all over again. It'll do that 1-2 times. Then when it finally starts I get his error message from Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA80084A2688
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\101611-21980-01.dmp
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-2217757-0.sysdata.xml

I understand you don't want to reinstall and I feel your pain. I assume them, you don't have a backup?

Still, you keep having more and more problems - the more you mess with it, you risk voiding your warranty and that would not be good. So I still think that is the best option.

return

Honestly, it is a very time consuming project to reinstall but you should consider. Delete the os and other junk the computer came with and install a second hd with all your customizations. If you are to wipe your hd completely and install your own personal software, you will have a better knowlwdge and an easyier way to troubleshoot problems in the future. Computers that come from a manufacturer usually come with a lot of annoying software that takes a lot of time to edit and delete.

Do a system restore, delete what you dont need and intall a new hd with a fresh os and all of your games and what not. Hope this helps you take a step in the right direction.

Cheers

Alright, so I'll back up all my files and do a restore. How exactly do I go about a complete restore? I also have no idea how to uninstall and reinstall a OS and all that jazz, I feel like I shouldn't try something like that if I have no knowledge of it.

Sup dude :)

Most modern laptops dont come with OS discs anymore, the way it started was OS disc in the box, then a recovery disk with the serial number on it, now they wont even shell out for that. If you wernt given a disk marked recovery in some way, then you may have your hard-drive partitioned into two, one as your main the other as a 'recovery'

This will hold the OS files, drivers etc and its extremely simple to do a factory restore using this, almost all cases you'd be given software pre-installed so check start menu, if not pressing F8 on boot 'usually' allows you to access the advanced boot menu, choose that option for a factory restore.

its step by step and easy, just dont attempt to modify the drive in any way as you dont want to lose your recovery partition.
and after its done, make a recovery disk just as a backup.

Agreed with the other posters, this could be hard-drive related and you should really have sent it back for a replacement, its annoying but ultimately worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom