HP pavillion dv6000

Status
Not open for further replies.

toker42069

Solid State Member
laptop was working fine then it shutoff thought maybe the battery was dead or something since i felt bottom and didn't feel it overheat. so went and plugged it in now it wont turn on the blue led lights come on then shuts right off. i took the battery out and just plugged it in and same thing. Put battery back in and was gonna let it charge but the charge comes on for a few mins then goes out. So Im Lost any ideas?

i unplugged everything and took battery out gonna let it all cool down and try again in a few

Hp pavillion dv6000 is the model

The DV6 models are the worst. They fail for unknown reasons. It is most likely some faulty circuitry. The best you can do, is try to clean it out, to be sure dust isn't causing the short.

laptop was working fine then it shutoff thought maybe the battery was dead or something since i felt bottom and didn't feel it overheat. so went and plugged it in now it wont turn on the blue led lights come on then shuts right off. i took the battery out and just plugged it in and same thing. Put battery back in and was gonna let it charge but the charge comes on for a few mins then goes out. So Im Lost any ideas?

i unplugged everything and took battery out gonna let it all cool down and try again in a few

Hp pavillion dv6000 is the model

Take the battery out and plug in the ac adapter, please note if the power led buttin lights up, if you see the reset button on as well there might be something wrong with laptops motherboard.

Turn on the laptop, if it does not come on, I suspect the ac jack is damaged and you may need to replace it.
Like mind said, these things are a problem and more, but it's something that cannot be fixed unless you don't need that old lappy no more.

havent took it apart yet... my charger line has cuts in it that i have taped so im worrying if it wore out.... also have plugged it in without a battery just turns on then shuts off again... also when i go to charge it with battery in says it charging since led light on the front of laptop but after a few the light goes off...

havent took it apart yet... my charger line has cuts in it that i have taped so im worrying if it wore out.... also have plugged it in without a battery just turns on then shuts off again... also when i go to charge it with battery in says it charging since led light on the front of laptop but after a few the light goes off...

Yeah that would be my first step here, if you know the cord has cuts on it and machine is not getting steady power and does a come on, come off routine I would replace it soon.
Check with ebay.com or amazon to find that ac adapter, should be able to get one for 12.99 with free shipping if you find a seller nice enough to offer it. ;)

thanks for the feedback so far....im gonna try the ac adapter my friend has first so i dont have to go buy one...i let it cool down and still nothing turns on for one sec then right off...with and without battery

just took it apart i saw on a forum of u take both batterys out let it sit that they fixed it that way...so took both out including the harddrive and let it sit overnight now it wont even flash leds any ideas?

but the led where the charger goes in lights up and the led that its charging but the power wont do anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom