ASUS Rampage III Formula wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
Here is the problem i bought a ASUS Rampage III Formula and a core i7 and 2 pc cases from a friend.
i used my own corsair 650 psu my hd5770 the rampage, core i7 4 gb of ram and a 500gb sata drive is all set in this case.

Newegg.com - XCLIO A380COLOR Fully Black 1.0 mm SECC / ABS Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

i checked everything is plugged but it wont turn on. Wen i press the button the light flickers for a sec then nothing the mobo has a power button is lighted but wont turn wen i press it so im not sure weather my psu is not enough to power it or not
the psu the hd and video card work it just pulled it out of my own rig and placed a lesser psu and vcard so i had a way to search for solutions in case of trouble good thing i did that lol
here is a link to the mobo and cpu

Newegg.com - ASUS Rampage III Formula LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80601960

thanks in advance

First rule of troubleshooting, if it doesn't work start tearing it apart. Make a bare minimum setup on the motherboard box with just the CPU and the PSU. If it turns on, then try adding RAM. If you get beeeeep beep beep, then add GPU. If it seems to boot then try putting it back together. Make sure you ground yourself too, don't want to be frying your new gear.

well i tried pretty much everything 3 different cases it finally powered on my own case but dint get any video well in the end it was to much trouble got my rig back together.
my rig is pretty decent runs everything i need that mobo and cpu was a good deal to bad it dint work out im getting my money back so no big deal.
thanks for your time

well is me again lol after i talked to him i guess he dint have use for all that stuff either so i got it dirt cheap. I decided that today i would look true the manual and see if i can get it to work so i think i got the problem well i read that the motherboard will light what the problem is and its the Dram that lights up. i get no display but i do hear it do all the beeps and what not so looks like this ram might not be compatible and not having the right ram will not give u a display?

well is me again lol after i talked to him i guess he dint have use for all that stuff either so i got it dirt cheap. I decided that today i would look true the manual and see if i can get it to work so i think i got the problem well i read that the motherboard will light what the problem is and its the Dram that lights up. i get no display but i do hear it do all the beeps and what not so looks like this ram might not be compatible and not having the right ram will not give u a display?

Hello, I saw your post and I need to ask you something, what type of ram do you have and at what speed is it ?
I'm going on a hunch here, but try to use DDR3 1333 and see what happens.
Newegg.com - Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model 991768

Start off with only the ram, cpu and video card turn on your pc and see what happens.\
Also please note to me if your keyboard flickers and stays on during bootup, if it does this the mobo and cpu are communicating just fine.
The only thing is might not be able to handle the current ram you have for now.

that's the type of ram im using i just tried like you said the keyboard dint flicker and the light for Dram lights up no display either.
is not the ram cuz it works just fine on my own pc.
this is whats on the ram PC3 10666 9-9-9@1.65v 2GB PNOCZ3SR1333VL4GK

that's the type of ram im using i just tried like you said the keyboard dint flicker and the light for Dram lights up no display either.
is not the ram cuz it works just fine on my own pc.
this is whats on the ram PC3 10666 9-9-9@1.65v 2GB PNOCZ3SR1333VL4GK

Hmm, ok lets try one more thing, move that ram to a different slot, also please reset the bios/cmos settings by removing the jumper to clear out the cache.
Wait about 2 minutes, put the ram in slot 2 and turn it on, I hope this works but if the ram does not work in any slots, try a different brand like I recommended.

Also check into this througly I maybe wrong about the above but this might also be a solution to your problem.
I admit I don't the 1366 series but if slay or soulphire sees it they can help you from where I left off.
Troubleshooting Thread for Incorrect Memory Amounts on X58 and P55/H55/H57 Platforms - The Corsair Support Forums

ohhh crap a that worked i got a visual i have enough parts to make a test win install see how it works ill let you know how it goes

well so far so good everything seems to be working fine my idea was if this worked i was going to sell my pc with 500GB harddrive, a foxcon mobo with a amd quad-core 3.20 all 8GB of ram corsair 650watts psu and the HD5770 1GB dd5. to one of my friends for like 450 to 500 bucks and use that money to get a higher psu better ram and better video card. would it be worth doing that?

Whats the other PSU you have?

Personally I'd probably sell the AMD MB/CPU, 4GB of RAM, HD5770, and the other power supply if it has the juice for that setup.
I'd Keep the Intel MB/CPU, 4GB of RAM, and Corsair 650, and put the money I make off the other build into a new video card.

Also not sure what kind of Windows licenses you have, but if they're OEM make sure you know which one goes to which motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom