Cant see CPU Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

skullknight10

Baseband Member
I just finished my 3rd computer build and everything is working fine with the exception that I cannot view my CPU temp for some reason. Ive downloaded 2 different applications (Core Temp and CPU-Z HWmonitor) that I have used in the past but they both say 0 degrees for all 4 processors. Any idea what could be going on? Im overclocking so I really need to be able to see the temps.

Motherboards have to support this. Maybe yours does not, or as MoM suggested, the sensor may be bad - they are cheap, low tech devices. Most motherboards come with hardware monitoring software on the utilities disk that comes with the board. Check there. You can expect if any program will work, the one from the maker "should".

And I also agree to check in the BIOS Setup Menu. Since that is independent of any OS (or HW monitoring program), if you see temps there, you know the sensor is working. However, running the BIOS Setup Menu is about the least demanding task we can ask of our computers, so don't assume your temps are fine when fully booted just because they are fine in the BIOS Setup Menu.

I just finished my 3rd computer build and everything is working fine with the exception that I cannot view my CPU temp for some reason. Ive downloaded 2 different applications (Core Temp and CPU-Z HWmonitor) that I have used in the past but they both say 0 degrees for all 4 processors. Any idea what could be going on? Im overclocking so I really need to be able to see the temps.

please go back to your default speeds, make sure bios does not have the Over clocking feature enabled.
Open your case and check the mobo and make sure the oc switch is not on or it will ignore any settings you may have and oc itself again.

If you do this windows should be able to read your cores accurately and give you a proper reading.

Overclocking should have nothing to do with your temps being reported.

What are your system specifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom