possible fix for bulldozer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonie

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I have recently decided to build a gaming/auto cad beast of a desktop, and I was looking into a fx 8150 for the processor. however, after seeing the initial reviews and benchmarks I find it hard to imagine this being the cpu for me.

but I found this, as well as a few other sites proclaiming somewhat the same thing.

[QuinEtiam] AMD FX/Bulldozer Registry Fix - 40% performance boost! - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

there seems to be alot of hype building up about a possible software optomization for bulldozer yeilding performance increases anywhere from 3% all the way up to 40%. I

what do yall think, is the bulldozer unborn? should I wait to see how this stuff turns out before I shoot a hole in my wallet for this new rig?

to me, it just doesn't make sense that AMD would release a cpu with roughly twice the number of transister as the i7 2600k yet a marginal performance increase over their last gen cpus.

Definitely wait, until users get their hands on them and we see some REAL everyday benchmarks over a variety of platforms. Whether or not you want to buy one after that will be up to you.

I will definately wait, I just dont see AMD wasting that much R&D only hoping that they can pay it off by scamming people into this new CPU. Don't get me wrong it definately seems like a fast CPU, but compared to the hype and what we were expecting, it is anything but top notch for the guru world, at least right now. And 400watts OC to the max is just unreal lol!

Like I said the numbers just don't add upp, so I will definately be paying close attention to bulldozer. Problem is the "little kid" part of me is sitting on my left shoulder telling me to go with it now so I can rid myself of this slow laptop Im using and start computing like a pro 8)

I would seriously try your best to wait awhile and see what happens, a lot of things are strange concerning bulldozer, initial reviews all used one motherboard type, well, now people are looking at some very interesting settings, and different motherboards and are noticing it competes with newer intel processors decently well. Plus, if you wait, you can just grab what comes out a bit later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom