New Nvidia card - video glitching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA-ron

Baseband Member
My computer recently crashed and took out the power supply and video card (700w power supply and Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT). I have replaced both and its back up and running, but Im getting a weird video glitch. Best I can describe it, it looks like horizontal vibrating scan lines. It almost looks like when speakers or a cell phone caused interference with an old CRT monitor. This is happening in normal windows operation (not in a game).
It starts off almost unnoticeable, just a slight glitching on thin lines, like windows, edges of the monitor, etc. After maybe 10-30 minutes, the horizontal vibrating scan lines amplify and get bad enough to where I almost cant read text, then it disappears and the cycle restarts.
I have the Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 ti with 1gb built in ram and after installing I went to Nvidia's website to get the latest video drivers. After the download and install, it took forever for the computer to boot (good half hour or so).

Is this a video driver issue?

If needed, heres my system specs:
x64
Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 ti with 1gb ram
Asus M3N78 Pro mainboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
8gb of OCZ ram
850w Thermaltake power supply

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :wink_tongue:

It started again so I thought Id add more info. It seems fine for a while, just slight glitching, then once it starts to worsen, it gets more intense faster and faster then goes back to slight glitching. Ill get a picture of it next time and upload it if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom