Screen Resolution problem please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitemanwii

Solid State Member
Hey guys I'm new here trying to find an answer for my problem. I'm having resolution problems with my LCD HDTV, the native resolution is 1024x768 and I can't change the resolution or else the screen goes black displaying a message "Resolution mismatch. Please change device's resolution." and you wait a few seconds and it goes back to normal. this is also happening on my games that I play and idk why. This all happened after for some reason installing Windows 7 Service pack 1 and idk why. I have an ASUS GTX550 Ti (latest drivers installed) and still no fix. I've looked through the LCD HDTV's menu settings with no success. and ya. I've ran out of ideas so please help. and wow I fail (THE PROBLEM IS THEIRS THESE BLACK BARS ON THE LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE OF THE SCREEN AND THE T.V. WONT AUTO FIT THE SCREEN) sorry for that, I just realized I didn't mention the problem lol.

T.V. Model Number: Emerson LC220EM1

If you need additional details please tell me what you need to know and I more then likely can answer.

This is a PC hooked upto your HDTV, and the HDTV displays 1024x768(4:3), yet what I can find from my research is, that it's native resolution is actually 1366 x 768 (16:9 = HD) Try setting your resolution in your COMPUTER settings to 1366x768, with a refresh rate of no higher than 60hz.

The reason you are getting big black bars on the left is because your going to a low resolution that is not HD, which would be the 1024x768 (square style screens, not wide screen setups), you need to use a 16:9 resolution at least in order to for the most part get rid of those black bars.

Umm ok I made progress.. it actually went full screen for a moment and in joyment I got up and danced around then I looked back and it was back to the way it was. I changed it back and now the black bars are smaller but not fitting the screen still lol. and games still refuse to work :/ so close... :/

You need to configure your games to use a lower resolution then. It sounds like your computer defaulted to a higher resolution. If you still have a slim space around the edge of your screen, look in the nvidia software, it should give you options to stretch out the screen to fit.

Okay so thanks to the program of teamviewer my friend was able to get into my games and change the resolution to fit my screen so all my games work with my resolution, which I'm fine with ty so much for your help much appreciated for your time if the small sides want to fix themselves they can but I'm fine with what I got lol.

Look under your Nvidia Control Panel, there will be settings located in there somewhere that will allow you to fully stretch the screen out.

Thats where I look, it should be under "Adjust Desktop Size and Position" but none of the settings there work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom