NIVIDIA Driver Error && XAMPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedWolf

Banned
so... for the past two years I've been having issues with my lap top: I have sent it in to be repaired on multiple occasions and every time my warranty provider cheaps out and won't replace the motherboard or graphics card. The driver errors were infrequent before, only while I was playing games, and didn't cause me much grief... untill recently, The errors are very frequent, if I'm playing ANY game I can expect the game to crash (because of the errors) on average once every ten minutes.

I've tried every software fix available for my machine but nothing has helped.
I have even gone so far as to completely format my computer and reinstall my OS with new, clean drivers.
It's clear to me that my problem is not a software one.

Recently I have gone to take my computer in to be repaired again and the Tech at the computer store treated me like a moron then proceeded to tell me it was XAMPP that was causing all the damage to my PC. (( I've had this problem long before I ever started developing php scripts)) I've researched it and I really haven't been able to find any information at all on why or how an apache distribution could cause any type of damage to the hardware of my pc.

Which brings me to my real question:

Is there any truth to this or is the Shop Tech just wildly accusing me of things to get out of honoring their warranty?

I've monitored the heat of my pc as well, even when running games the GPU and CPU maintain safe heat levels

@ WickedWolf, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

Since this is a laptop it will be a bit harder to diagnose the issues. Do you have a list of the errors that you can supply to us? Also, XAMPP can cause a BSOD, had it happen to me the other day when I was importing a ridiculously large database, ended up getting some kind of overflow error o.0.

I would start with basics after you supply us with the error codes you are getting, also what model laptop is this?

First thing, AV scans, second run Chkdsk /r from command prompt, third run memtest 86+ over night, and post those results back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom