Status
Not open for further replies.

Nahledge

Baseband Member
Windows 7 64bit
AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.2ghz
Radeon HD 5700 series....5770?
Samsung spin something 2TB?

System crashes only after playing a game for about 20 mins. When I start it back up it says the temp of the CPU is 89c....which seems high so I think my system is overheating.

I took off the side of my comp. All my fans are working and everything is secure.

What should I do?

I kind of want to buy a new computer...all I would need to get is a new case, mobo and CPU. I was looking at these:

Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Newegg.com - ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

Are these good choices if I have to replace my cpu/mobo etc?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You will need to reinstall Windows, you know. And if it is OEM, you can not transfer it to a new board.

Where are you reading the temps from? Are you sure that's not your GPU?

After it crashes, when I start it up - my motherboard or bios or w/e it is just puts up a screen that shows a bunch of temps and speeds etc of most things in my system. I will make my comp crash again and then try to get a better reading of everything. Only thing I remember was 89c for the CPU....

I will post back in a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom