Temperature Sensor Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I am looking for temperature sensor monitor that fit on the front 5 1/4 bays. Like some that come with fan controllers. Is there nothing that just only measures temperatures? I cannot find anything. Unless I just get the fan controller and not use the fan bit. Just something I can keep taps on the CPU and GPU. I plan to use a form of Linux on this rig, and I never got the temperatures to show up on the desktop, mostly Ubuntu. If you have any suggestions, that'd be great.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks.

Are these ones backlit? The one review on there says not.

Don't bother with that, if you have 4 cd-rom slots or 3, put this on the top and hook it up accordingly with the atx psu connectors.
On a side note, take the cpu led wire from this and put it inside your heatsinks metal fins.

The only downside to this is it will not keep up the time if you shut down your pc for more then 10 minutes.

If you want, I'll show you a pic of my aerocool with the tempature thermal guage, before you make any decisions.

Newegg.com - LOGISYS Computer FP708BK 5.25" Full Color Thermal/ Clock Control Panel (Black)

I'm not worried about how to position it.

IIRC, is it not recommended to put it in your fins. That is not a true temperature. The best readings closest to the true temperature will be between your CPU and heatsink. From what I remember, not sure.

Running only on power will die when you turn off your PC. As the one Slaymate posted, I do believe.

I'm not fighting with you, Mike, just trying to understand your logic. ;)

You know how good the thermal-star ones are? I might actually go for those. I like having a dark backsplash and blue-ish numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom