asus motherboard red led light

Status
Not open for further replies.

eiflegend

Baseband Member
hi, i wasnt able to find much on the internet regarding this. some remarks such as that it may be indicating dram or cpu problems have me a little worried. heres the situation:
i have a ASUS M4A87TD EVO motherboard, and whenever i have my computer plugged in there is always a red led light on to the right of the gpu. its on regardless of whether the pc is on or off and
only goes off when theres no power going to the pc. everything is working fine though, but im just wondering, is this normal? also seeing a red light shining out the top hole of my asus xonar dx sound card. again, its working flawlessly, but i would just like to know what it is indicating if anything?!

another question i have is about my cpu and gpu temps.they look something like this:

tempsw.jpg

im running a phenom II x6 1100T oc'd to 3.7, but my cpu and core temperatures are completely different. which one should i be looking at?
also, my HD6970 gpu is running at 50-55 degrees idle, is that normal as well? just seems a bit high, idk if i should be concerned or not. at load i have to manually set the fan up to around 60% for it to stay at 80 degrees or less, as the fan doesnt automatically raise until it reaches 90 degrees or so (which i dont allow it to anymore)

if anyone could shine some light unto my cluelessness i would really appreciate it, and thanks for your time

For the red lights, check the user manual or even e-mail Asus or post on their forums.
But, if everything is running fine it may just be a touch of color they felt like adding.

Your 6970's max safe operating temp is 104°C. The fan doesn't ramp up until 90° because manufacturers don't want people with sensitive hearing freaking out about how loud their cards are without good reason. As long as it doesn't spend too much time over 100°C then its fine.

The CPU Core Temp is the standard people usually observe.
The CPU temp is measured by a sensor located underneath the IHS (metal cover that thermal paste is applied to) and core temp is measured by a sensor embedded on the CPU die itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom