Auto-Saved?

That is not something with the site. At least not as far as I know cause I see that in every browser on every page I visit that I type stuff in on. I have seen that on Facebook, G+, my other forums as well as here. So it is not something site specific but either Browser or OS specific. Cause I seen it in IE within Win8.

I've only seen it while I was typing. I have started a reply post and then accidentally navigated to Newegg in the same tab only to back track to my reply post and still have my text in the reply box. I thought it was a new forum feature.

I think it was introduced with the latest VB update? I'll do some research, brb.

edit: yep, 4.1.4 introduced it. It works by auto-saving every 30 seconds by default (which is what's set here). If you close the page/quit your browser/shut down your computer/etc without submitting your reply, the next time you open up the same page (not sure how long it works for) there'll be a "restore auto-saved content" button at the bottom of the editor. Like so:
screenshot20111012at832.png

That doesnt explain how I see it on every other site. Could be a browser extension that I use as well which is why I never noticed it till now. Cause I do know that there is extensions for Firefox and Chrome that do this exact same thing.

I'm running Firefox, with no extensions but ABP, and yet I haven't seen it till the last update of VB. I do not think it is browser specific. Could be a common add-on these days.

Did you not bother to read my last response? I already said that it could be an extension that I am using. Something like Lazarus can do this and it has shown me the Saved thing for a couple of years now which is why I didnt think it was due to just this site.

That's what Mak said, he's just saying he's also got extensions which may have been why he never noticed it was a VB function. Also yeah, some browsers have it as an automatic function these days as well.

Back
Top Bottom