Thinking about building a desktop pc for the first time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krieger88

Beta member
So I've decided I want to build my own pc for the first time and wanted to see what other people thought of my potential buys before I finalize an order eventually. I welcome tips and recommendations.
[Soon to be edited with updates]
1. Pc Case:

2. Graphics card:

3. Mother Board:

4. Sound Card:

5. Ram:

6. Cd Drive:

7. Fan:

8. Processor:

I won't be getting a monitor as I use my 42" plasma tv (1080p) as one.

Well, there is a lot to learn and a lot to think about before you dive right in.

My biggest question to you is this: What will you be using it for?
Second biggest question is: How much are you willing to spend?

Also, check out these videos by Newegg:
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 1 - Choosing Your Components - YouTube
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build - YouTube
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 3 - Installing Windows & Finishing Touches - YouTube

They are basically very detailed walkthroughs of "how to build a computer", from the planning phase, all to actually installing the components inside the computer case.

I recently just built my own computer using this guide, and I was a first time builder, and these videos helped me out a lot.

Oh, also, check out PassMark Software - CPU Benchmark Charts
This place compares CPU scores, and they have a video card section as well. I found it veryyy helpful in determining the difference between one CPU and another.

One of the most important things I can tell you is to wait and plan. It took me about three months before I actually bought the parts.

But yeah, first let us know what you will use the PC for, and what your price range is.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom