New gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelDC

Beta member
Hi guys im not really an hardware guy thats why im wondering if this build is good.

Case: Xpredator Evil Black
Xpredator Evil Black

Psu: Corsair TX850M
Enthusiast Series

Mobo: ASUS SABERTOOTH P67
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS SABERTOOTH P67

Cpu: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K
Intel® Core)

Cpu cooler: Scythe Mugen 3 SCMG-3000
Scythe USA-ProductsCPU Cooler MUGEN3

Gpu: MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC
MSI Global ? Graphics Card - R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC

Ram: Corsair 8Gb DDR3-1600
Vengeance

SSD: Crucial CT128M4SSD2
CT128M4SSD2 - 128GB, 2.5-inch Solid State Drive , from Crucial.com

HDD: Samsung spinpoint F3 HD103SM (twice)
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Wlan adapter: ASUS PCE-N15
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Networks- ASUS PCE-N15

Dvd re-writer: ASUS DRW-24B3ST
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Optical Storage- ASUS DRW-24B3ST

So my questions are, will this build be good for playing battlefield 3 and modern warfare 3 on the highest settings ?
Also according to a friend of mine he says that the ram is compatible with the cpu but when I go to the intel site it says supported data 1333mhz.
But the 1600mhz will also work but not at that speed right ? I also added a cpu cooler since the cpu cooler that is included will most likely be trash.
My psu might be a bit too much but if im ever gonne crossfire it should do the job i guess.
My Os will be on the SSD and so will my games. Also some say that the intel core i5-2500k is better than this one something with the benchmark,
but i have no idea what that is, sorry guys im not a hardware guy.
(sorry for the english, im from belgium)

Feel free to change stuff or give me some other options.
I'm all open :D

So my questions are, will this build be good for playing battlefield 3 and modern warfare 3 on the highest settings ?
Highest settings, probably not. But chances are you'll be able to play it on Very High.
Also according to a friend of mine he says that the ram is compatible with the cpu but when I go to the intel site it says supported data 1333mhz.
But the 1600mhz will also work but not at that speed right ?
1600MHz will work fine. Look at the motherboard's specs for RAM speeds rather than the CPU.
I also added a cpu cooler since the cpu cooler that is included will most likely be trash.
+1 to that. I love Scythe coolers :D
My psu might be a bit too much but if im ever gonne crossfire it should do the job i guess.
Agreed.
My Os will be on the SSD and so will my games. Also some say that the intel core i5-2500k is better than this one something with the benchmark,
The combination of CPU and SSD doesn't really matter.
(sorry for the english, im from belgium)
It's perfectly understandable :)

Where are you buying all this?

From www.alternate.be , you can select you parts and they will make it or you can make it yourself which is what im gonna do :D.
Oh but i meant that some people say that the intel core i5 2500k is better than the intel core i7 2600k according to the benchmark but i have no idea what that means :s.

So most likely i cant play on the highest settings ? Do i need to have a better gpu then ? I would like to have atleast 50frames cause now i have an ati radeon 5570 2gb ddr3 and its not really good.

the 2600K will clock slightly higher then the 2500K. But every processor is different. You could have instances where a 2500K will clock higher then a 2600k. Or you could have a 2600k that will clock ridiculously high. I believe that on average you can get an extra 300mhz off a 2600k if you use the turbo features that newer boards have. The question is, how far do you want to push your overclocking, and is that extra speed worth the price difference? Factors will be your motherboard, your overclocking knowledge but most importantly your cpu cooling.

You probably wont get highest settings on with this rig, but it does depend on your monitor size and gaming resolution. a gtx580 paired with a 2600k overclocked was only able to get 50 on the beta. The sabertooth is a good board but I would also look at the asus p8z68 pro and asrock z68 extreme boards. They tend to have higher multipliers and are slightly cheaper.

i would spend less money on a case and switch to the ram slaymate suggested and get a 6970 or a GTX 570

or, unless you are going to use the 4 hyper threaded cores that the 2600k offers, get a 2500K and get a 6970 or GTX 570

Ok ill change the case to:
Cooler Master Centurion 5 II
Centurion 5 II - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply

And ram
G.Skill 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX Review | KitGuru

Intel core i5-2500k

and mobo into asus p8z68 pro V

The only thing i cant figure out is the Gpu, what is the difference between,
http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=012-P3-1577-AR&family=GeForce 500 Series Family&sw=
or
MSI Global ? Graphics Card - R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC
or
AMD Radeon

can you link me to the mother board your are looking at? i want to make sure its the right one...

i dont understadn your question about the graphics cards... its like asking what the difference between an apple and an orange... one is a Nivida GTX570 and one is a AMD Radeon 6970... dont get the last one you linked, they are loud and run very hot. deffinatly get one of the first 2 that you linked, i like the 570 more than the 6970. just watch benchmarks of these cards playing the kind of games that you are going to be playing and see which one scores higher. for me and the kind of First person shooters i play, the GTX 570 scored higher. my favorites are:

in order of awesomeness:

this one has a MASSIVE 3 slot cooler, that will keep your card nice and cool while doing it silenetly
Newegg.com - ASUS ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5 GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

this one keeps the standard 2 slot card and beefs it up by throwing 3 fans onto it, that will also keep your card nice and cool and do it quietly
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-N570OC-13I Rev2.0 GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

this one has the 2 slot cooler with 2 fans
Newegg.com - MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III PE/OC GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom