unable to install SP2 on WinXP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI, I have been through the help page at microsoft, and none of what they have suggested works, as it does not apply...

Anyone got any more suggestions?

I bought a XP Pro upgrade, for my new machine, which is all off 4 months old!!!

Microsoft really get me annoyed sometimes....I shall try and get hold of someone at the wonderful company....

Many thnaks for all your help...If anyone can come up with anything else, let me know

wood1e

A side/related question...do you recommend SP2? (Anyone). I downlaoded it (dial-up, the admin patch ~250MB I believe?) Anyhow, from what I've heard of it...I've been hesitating on installing it...should I? :p My computer has so many problems...I wonder if it'll help or kill it!

I don;t know what SP2 will do when or if you can install it...thats the problem I have come across the actual installation...!!!

You might want to run some anti-virus, adware software...and a cleaning software...help to try and sort out your pc..

wood1e

Xula A side/related question...do you recommend SP2? (Anyone). I downlaoded it (dial-up, the admin patch ~250MB I believe?) Anyhow, from what I've heard of it...I've been hesitating on installing it...should I? My computer has so many problems...I wonder if it'll help or kill it!

Yes, I recommend sp2. It has a lot of security updates ,pop up blocker[an excellent one], firewall[which is btw pretty good] ..yea lot of stuff..

But you have to follow the basic instructions before installing them. Just check the windows update website before you start installing your sp2 and also check this link
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

BTW< you can always roll back your settings, if sp2 causes a lot of problems. So I wud recommend you to give it a shot first!

Sign
Codes:)

Many thanks for that, but i have tried all what microsoft says you should do, and even downloaded a separate file, and yet still I get to the final download, and it comes up with Access Denied...I have emailed microsoft, will let you know the out come...

wood1e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom