Problem with File association

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoneFire

In Runtime
I have a problem with my OS.
I am using Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack1.

but then,one day i cant open those application programs by double-click on it.
It shows a message that no files are associated with and ask me to fix the file association Control Panel :angry:

however, i still can open a file.for example, i can open an .doc file but i cant open Mirosoft Words by double-click on that,
can i know what is the problem and method to fix it? :(

Zone Fire,

however, i still can open a file.for example, i can open an .doc file but i cant open Mirosoft Words by double-click on that,
When you open the .doc file, it opens in MS word?

You are getting these lost file associations only for Microsoft Office products or for other applications too? .
IF only for MS Office ,try to reinstall MS Office. I once got trouble with the Office product due to some product key problem.

Iam also afraid that you may have a virus hanging around in your system, please perform a full scan with atleast 2 AV's .

Sign
Codes:)

no, it is not just only the Microsoft products but also other application programs.
i have no idea about it. :angry:
i cant open any application programs by double-clicking on the icons.

you can fix this problem!

First , open "my computer" and select TOOLs-Folder options

open the folder options dialog ! and select file type and fix your
file associations in it !

suker : you can fix this problem!
First , open "my computer" and select TOOLs-Folder options
open the folder options dialog ! and select file type and fix your
file associations in it !

That can't be done..!Cuz 'ZoneFire' says that his applications aren't opening.Even if he associate the 'File Types' correctly, which I assume is already associated correctly, it wont work!.Try the AV's

Sign

intercodes said:
That can't be done..!Cuz 'ZoneFire' says that his applications aren't opening.Even if he associate the 'File Types' correctly, which I assume is already associated correctly, it wont work!.Try the AV's

Sign

I never meet problem like this ! It's very strange!

actually i faced the problem after i scan and fix the problems with SpyBot.
so, i think it happen becuase i had fixed some problems related to the registry via SPyBot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom