I need help setting up my secondary PC with my wireless Linksys router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coasterbot

Beta member
Ok so, new to the site and not stupid just not a techie. My ex was a techie but he isnt here anymore and he left me with all his gadgets! :wtf:
I have a PC set up in the living room and a Linksys Wireless G Broadband Router hooked up to power the PS3 in the bedroom.
I need to hook up another PC in the bedroom to use for my live webcam. There is a cable in another room but it isnt long enough to reach and I dont want to have to splice and have cables all over the place.
If I can run this other PC that would be groovy. There is no Cisco program on my main PC and I cant find my model as an option on the support site. The model is wrt54g2. If somebody can walk me through setting up this windows xp operating PC using the wireless router that would be great!

Actually, Linus, it doesn't matter that you get the same brand as your router. I have a D-Link router, use several different wireless cards. They all work fine.

I know in most cases it will work. But my father had a linksys usb stick and it didn't work with my usrobotics router. Weird but hey... And no i'm not stupid:p. I study the **** field of networking:p... Just didn't work...
greets

Never said you were, mate. ;) Most likely a security issue. For example, his card only accepts WEP, your router is using WPA. Thus, they can't connect.

I think what she was saying is she wants to connect to the router wirelessly. And yeah, she'd need a wireless adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom