Toshiba Laptop Won't Turn On

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-Kathy-x

Beta member
i was playing Combat arms and thwn my internet cut off for some reason, so i froze ingame. i hit the windows button to go back to my desktop and my desktop froze. i held down the power button to force restart it and it did. but it took 15 mina just to get to the windows login screen. when i logged on, it was in windows classic and very slow. restarted and it wont even get past the login screen. then i hit my laptop keyboard part and the screen shut off. i can't turn it on now :( help appreciated.

No doubt your CPU/GPU is running hot, that is why your system is so laggy. Turn off your laptop, let it rest for a good few hours. Then try turn it back on.

I've been having a similar problem.

This is a Toshiba Satellite L25 - Model no. PSL2XU

The laptop won't turn on. I unplugged the battery and tried direct power from the AC adapter, and still nothing. There are no indications of life (no light to indicate charging, power, anything). I don't think it's a battery issue.

When I plug the AC adapter, and I take the battery out, the prongs that connect to the battery sustain a voltage (I checked with a voltmeter). I don't think the adapter is bad.

So what could it be? Is the motherboard just dead? A short circuit somewhere between the AC adapter and the motherboard?

My brother uses the laptop. He tells me he had issues keeping the battery charged. He bought a new battery, and he had the same issue. The battery would be drained faster and faster, charges would take longer and longer. Ultimately, at one point, he found it could not be turned on. This is his account of what happened, so I'm not sure it's 100% what happened.

Should I post this in a new thread? Lol. I don't mean to hijack the topic from OP.

Hey, it's on the same subject. But if the mods see to split it, they will.

It might be the connector between the battery and a/c that is bad. Try cleaning out the connectors to the battery and to the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom