Major Sound Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljoekelsoey4

Beta member
Hello hello. ill get straight to it. as of 2 days ago i had a flawless computer since i built it 8 months ago. not a single problem. then i was fiddling with my soundcards sample rate, and all of a sudden the computer wouldn't play midi files. wavs, mp3s etc were and are still all fine. but not midi. i reinstalled my sound driver, and about 6 hours later, same problem. re-did the reinstall 3 times, same effect each time. just today i hooked up my computer to the local network for internet, and i noticed that no sound from the internet will play, specifically youtube. i did a lot of searches and found this a common problem, however none of the solutions work for me.

i have checked, rechecked and rechecked again all the sound levels (periodically, the MIDI level turns itself off, but even when i put it back on, no change, no sound)

then i found the run/regedit "wavemapper" solution common on many forums. i already had this 'thing' (dunno what it is to be honest.) but i replaced it following the steps and still no fix.

i am flabbergasted for a solution, and really in need of some help. im running an amdII245, 3.1gb ram and creative soundblaster soundcard, by the way, and as i said, this is the first problem i have come accross. the only reason its such a major problem is because i am a sound producer, and midi is quite important for me.

please help me!

regards,
alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom