For gaming, i7 or i5? 1155 or 1366 socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had terrible experiences with ASUS in the past (current motherboard), not sure if I really want to go down that route again. I also do not plan on overclocking much if at all, used to water cool... been there done that lol. I just want to game on max settings. I appreciate all the recommendations, are the EVGA motherboards really not worth it?

Nothing wrong with EVGA. Just be sure your case can fit it, since the FTW is an Extended ATX board.
If you want a standard ATX I'd take a look at the P67/Z68 SLI, they have generally the same features.

As to maxing out BF3, going to go out on a limb here and say the GTX 470 won't max all settings.

I think a lot of it will come down to what resolution you game at. I'm going with a super expensive enthusiast's build next and I think even my new rig will have a hard time maxing out BF3. I think at this point you would almost be better off waiting until the game comes out and seeing what it benches at. Then you can make a better informed decision.

Only running the game at 1440x900. They just released a new HUGE map on the battlefield 3 beta, I only get about 20-25fps on it out in the huge open areas :( Do you guys think the new cpu and everything would help this? I really don't think its my video card... GTX470 is till pretty high end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom