Building comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

IL_Duce

Baseband Member
hi im really new to this ill give u what i plan on getting and please tell me if this is a good choice, if its not let me know what i should get. thnx alot.
Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz / 512K Cache / 533MHz FSB/ Socket 478 /Processor
DFI LAN Party Pro 875 Socket 478 Motherboard
ThermalTake - Volcano 7+ Socket 478 with Fan Speed Controller
Ultra Silver Thermal Compound (1.0g)
WD Caviar 80GB EIDE 7200 / 8MB / 8.9 / ATA-100 Hard Drive
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz
this is what i plan on getting now, please tell me if this is good or not. my big problem is if i should get the processor i listed or if i should get this one they're the same price but different speed
AMD Athlon XP3000+ / 512K Cache / 333MHz FSB / Socket A / Barton Core / Processor with Fan

i thank everyone who hepls me out, i really need it.

I would go with the P4 over that AMD because the XP3000+ isn't much faster than the P4 you listed and it's FSB isn't nearly as fast as the P4.

I say you've done a good job. :)

yup,..you have a well-planned computer project there. I'd say its a good set-up...

goodluck!

ok im having a hard time picking either ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB DDR 8X AGP with TV & DVI Video Card
or
VisionTek Xtasy 9800 Pro 128MB DDR AGP8X TV Out & DVI Video Card
both the same price, are they the same or is the regular ATI better then the VisionTek. thnx alot.

Basically the two cards are identical, and both have pretty much the same bundle included. If you're really having a hard time deciding, you might as well flip a coin because one card isn't really any better than the other ;)

just a question,....Both are ati based cards, shouldn't ATI manufacture it better in terms of assembly and stuff?

oh ok,...now that clears it up...

if i remember correctly,..visiontek used to make nvidia based cards right?

however, i never knew visiontek went bankrupt.

in regards to the initial question of the computer setup, i would go with the new intel mobo, it has a 800mhz fsb and clocks @ 3.20 ghz, so if youre going to be spending all that money anyways, why not go with a faster mobo? then you wouldnt have to upgrade as often

yeah if money wasnt a big problem i would deffinitly get that processor. and that heat gel, i think i know how to put it on, all u do is put alittle on the chip and place the heatsink on that. does that sound right, i dont want to use to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom